Broadway

Broadway
A girl's gotta dream.

Monday, August 18, 2014

I am... Alexis



I am…

the younger version of my mother, with very few differences.

an older sister, who watches over her brother like a hawk, and reminds him of his manners whenever needed.

a niece that longs for her family that lives in a small, simple town, but can’t visit for long before she gets agitated by the fact the nearest Wal-Mart is fifteen minutes away.

a granddaughter that cherishes the time spent in her youth with her grandparents in the parking lot of a Braums while fireworks explode above them, hoping to see them again soon- not just for her sake, but also for her mother’s.

a girl that craves her families close proximity even though she can’t wait to get away from them all.


I am…

an energy drink- a sugary ball of energy that is ready to burst and infect those around her.

sweet tea and hot fries, Chinese food at three in the morning, eggless cookie dough that allows you to taste perfection and a bit too much vanilla extract.

a small, multi-colored pillow her mother made her before she was born.

a girl that tries to pass notes to friends during class and getting a text in response.

a guinea pig for m mother when she gets an idea for a photo shoot, who also secretly enjoys it.



I am…

eyes that shift color depending on the light, but a constant ring of hazel around the center.

brunette, small and curvy, and nowhere near stick thin like most of my family.

the product of two high school students that thought what they had was love, a girl whose father walked away from when she was three, whose mother found love soon after.

a chaotic mess, a beautiful disaster, little but fierce.

still a child with a curious and large case of wanderlust, obsessed with music and how it makes you feel, in awe with tattoos and eagerly awaiting my first, simply curious as to what the world has to offer me and where I’ll end up.

young, and wild, and free.

3 comments:

  1. I am also chinese food at 3 in the morning and cookie dough.. egless or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energy drinks, fries, chinese (at any time), and cookie dough are all my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Alexis. I share your case of wanderlust and your statement about being irritated there's no Walmart close totally reminds me of growing up in little Cassville, Mo. Stay "young and wild and free" as long as you possibly can...being old and settled and responsible isn't all it's cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete