Broadway

Broadway
A girl's gotta dream.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Keeping It Reel


  • Well, at work- I work at the Palace here in Springfield- it says my favorite movie is Grease. It should actually say Rent. Yes, Rent is a Broadway musical. I like Broadway.The main thing about Rent that I love is how much truth is in it. Sure it's a musical, but it's a group of friends slumming it in New York and quite a few of them are dealing with AIDS. It's full of raw, truthful statements that makes you question so much. Plus it's from Broadway.

  • Most times, I really don't like watching chick-flicks. They're super corny. Or nature documentaries- they're so boring!

  • Well, since I work at a movie theatre now, I can get into as many as I want for free. In the past two weeks I've been to five movies. I actually really enjoy it. I watch movies either at home or at the Palace.

  • Normally for a movie I have soda and candy- no, I didn't get them from concessions. I would smuggle them inside with an overly large purse, but since I work in a movie soda I get free popcorn and soda. I don't mind going alone either, it's kinda nice actually. 

  • My two highest psychological uses for watching movies are aggression (80%) and sensation seeking (85%) which means I watch violent movies to release anger and tension while also being a movie adrenaline junkie. Also, I'm 42% emotionally stable. Thanks for that. 

  • If my life was made into a movie it would be the weirdest movie ever. God save whoever watches it since a majority of it would be in theatre and have a ton of theatre kids in it.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Broadway shows I've seen was La Boheme, which I think was the inspiration for Rent if I remember correctly? I really want to see Wicked in NYC. I bet your job at the Palace is pretty interesting, and I think a movie about you would be too! Congratulations on being somewhat mentally stable... ; )

    ReplyDelete